Associate’s Program in Cybersecurity and Computer Networks
The number of cybersecurity threats is on the rise, and the energy industry is a prime target. Bismarck State College’s online degree program combines system administration fundamentals with a foundation in cybersecurity concepts. Classes focus on best practices to implement, administer, and secure operating systems and computer networks.
Associate’s Degree in Cybersecurity and Computer Networks
- This degree program combines system administration fundamentals with a foundation in cybersecurity concepts. Classes focus on best practices to implement, administer, and secure operating systems as well as computer networks.
- Bismarck State College’s online Associate of Applied Science curriculum contains core classes in computer hardware, Windows, Linux, networking and security. Classes include database, web design and basic programming/ scripting.
- Successful Cybersecurity & Computer Networks students have aptitude in critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting, inquisitiveness and adaptability.
- Students will learn highly marketable technical skills and have the knowledge to meet the ever-changing technologies used in business and industry.
- Graduates will have gained experience installing operating systems, configuring networks, managing servers, and performing other common system administration tasks while maintaining essential security practice.
Matt Frohlich • Tech Center 110
CIS 128 Microcomputer Hardware I
CIS 147 Principles of Information Security
CIS 212 Microsoft Windows Operating System Client
CIS 164 Networking Fundamentals I (Required)
CIS 165 Networking Fundamentals II
CIS 185 Introduction to Programming
CIS 216 Implementing a Microsoft Windows Network Infrastructure
CIS 255 Computer and Network Security
CIS 107 Linux Fundamentals
CIS 214 Implementing a Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure
CIS 267 Intermediate Networking I
CIS 274 Cybersecurity Operations)
CIS 223 Linux System Administration
CIS 268 Intermediate Networking II
CIS 269 Cybersecurity and Computer Networks Capstone
CIS 197/297 Cooperative Education/Internship
CIS 282 Ethical Hacking and Network Defense