Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
This degree teaches cybersecurity best practices and how to apply in the management of various computing environments composed of different devices and services and comprehensively covers the technical, operations and managerial elements of cyberspace and security.
The curriculum is provided in conjunction with the National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College and is aligned with the academic requirements set by the National Security Agency (NSA).
Degree Requirements (120 credit hours)
- Technical Component (52 credit hours)
- Arts and Sciences (60 credit hours)
- Free Electives (including information literacy) (8 credit hours)
Online Technical Courses for Program:
- Intro to Microprocessors or Computer Systems Architecture
- Intro to Cybersecurity
- Operating Systems
- Overview of Computer Security
- Network and Applications Security
- Cybersecurity Defense in Depth
- Cyber Attacks and Defenses
- Computer Forensics
- Governance, Legal, and Compliance
- Security Focused Risk Management
- System Administration
- Capstone Course
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
EPCE Partnership Manager