ELPW 111 – Introduction to the Electrical Industry and Power Grid
- Learn the basic introduction to the systems and components that make up a basic electrical system, including generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Study the history behind electrical utility industry and how the electrical system in the United States was established and how Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse influenced the development of electrical systems.
- Learn how the electrical industry was first regulated and how regulation of the industry has changed.
- Gain knowledge of how the electrical industry is currently being “re-regulated” to encourage competition and knowledge of the system operations and marketing of electricity.
- Learn how the electrical industry is segmented into utility sectors, such as investor-owned, federally owned, publicly owned and cooperatively owned utilities.
Energy Jobs Create a Bright Future
Manager, Utility Operations Training & Procedures Group
Pepco Holding Inc.