Timeline: A History of EPCE
- EPCE partners with Excelsior College to expand its offerings of online graduate programs. Options now include a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with concentrations in Cybersecurity, Leadership, Technology Management and General Business, and MBA/Dual Degree programs with the choice of a BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology/MBA or BS in Information Technology/MBA.
- The EPCE-sponsored Nuclear Technology Power Technology Program through Bismarck State College offers a specialization track in Instrumentation & Control in addition to the Non-License Operator specialization. Both specializations are eligible for the NUCP Certificate upon successful completion of the program.
- Excelsior College offers degree program concentration in Nuclear Leadership
- EPCE partners with BSC to sponsor additional online programs: Electrical Transmission Systems Technology, Energy Service & Renewable Technician, Power Plant Technology, Water & Wastewater Technology
- EPCE partners with Excelsior College to sponsor Bachelor-level online programs in Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Technology, and Bachelor of Professional Studies in Technology Management.
- EPCE’s sponsored online Nuclear Power Technology program offered by Bismarck State College launches a nuclear power Pressurized Water Reactor simulator
- EPCE partners with Excelsior College to sponsor both Bachelor-level and Graduate-level online programs in Cybersecurity
- EPCE is selected as a recipient of the 2014 Institutional Service Award for ‘efforts to expand lifelong learning opportunities and to improve access for adults to quality academic programs’ by the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
- The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations NUCP Committee approve the issuance of NUCP Certificates to eligible graduates of the BSC Nuclear Power Technology degree
- EPCE and Bismarck State College introduce an open source online educational course Smart Grid Benefits
- EPCE surpasses 5,000 students and 20,000 course enrollments!
- EPCE sponsors the online Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology (BSEET) from Excelsior College
- EPCE and Bismarck State College launch the fourth and final smart-grid course, Impact of the Smart Grid
- EPCE facilitates the Community College Partnership with Bismarck State College and Connecticut Community College System for students who wish to enter the utility workforce
- EPCE partners with Worcester Polytechnic Institute(WPI) to offer graduate-level programs in Power Systems Engineering
- EPCE and Bismarck State College launch two additional smart-grid courses:
- Smart Grid, Smart Customer
- Operation Considerations for the Smart Grid
- Electric Power Technology (ELPW) courses utilized in EPCE Member utilities apprenticeship programs
- EPCE celebrates 10 years of success!
- EPCE awarded a $2.5 million U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Smart Grid Workforce Training grant
- EPCE and Bismarck State College launch the first online smart grid course, Renewable Energy Sources and the Smart Grid
- The Nuclear Power Technology degree at Bismarck State College becomes the first online program in compliance with the Nuclear Uniform Curriculum Program (NUCP)
- Courses for the BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from Clemson University delivered online
- Colorado Community College Online offers all pre-requisite courses for the BSEE degree, pre-approved by Clemson University
- EPCE sponsors the online Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology (BSNET) from Excelsior College
- EPCE sponsors the online Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from the Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Clemson University
- EPCE awarded a Metro Denver WIRED (Department of Labor) grant for an expanded “Light Up Your Future” high school program
- EPCE reaches self-sustainability without grant funding
- EPCE awarded an Xcel Energy Foundation grant for an EPCE high school pilot program
- EPCE partners with Virtual High School to develop high school-level applied mathematics in energy course
- First online Nuclear Power Technology courses offered
- EPCE encouraged to expand offerings to include an online degree for the nuclear power industry
- Bismarck State College selected as the Education Partner
- Bismarck State College receives funding from the National Science Foundation for the development of the Nuclear Power Technology (NUPT) program
- EPCE forms a Curriculum Advisory Council for the online NUPT program
- Bismarck State College (BSC) selected after a national search to develop online education in Electric Power Technology (ELPW)
- Seed funding provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- First online Electric Power Technology (ELPW) courses developed with EPCE Subject Matter Experts and the ELPW Curriculum Committee
- First students enroll in online ELPW courses
2000 – Present
Since 2000, The Energy Providers Coalition for Education (EPCE) has served as a national resource for the energy industry with the specific goal to help create a pipeline of new industry employees and develop existing incumbent employees specifically through online education and training.
- EPCE formed to identify common needs for preparing the current and future workforce
- First EPCE Coalition Meetings held